Monday, December 2, 2013

Cross Country by Abbie

Cross Country

Today is the day. It is cross-country! I was so nervous. My heart was pumping faster than a cheetah running away from zookeeper. I had my goal there in my heart. I just knew I could get 1st, 2nd or 3rd. I said to myself “ I can win this year!” Running is what I am good at. It is school time now I am going to school. It is morning meeting for today. I couldn’t lean I was so not concentrating I was thinking about cross-country in the afternoon. It is morning tea time and my heart is still pumping fast. 15 minutes later and it is time to come back into the class room. We are going out for cross country and we walk out the class room and onto the field. I wasn’t so nervous now. “11yr old girls race” said Mr Ritai in a happy voice. I had to wait a long time for my race because 8yr old girls are last. 1 hour later Mr Ritai said 8yr old girls race. “Yay my race” I said. I am so happy that I don’t have to go up the big hill,”Phew” I said with excitement. ”Bang,” “crash” went Mr Ritai’s bangers. The race had started. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello viewers,
Please leave a positive comment for our bloggers in Room 6. Would be great if you let us know who you are too thanks.